Greco Barcelona Laboratory
The quality concept of diamonds is based on the 4Cs. In order to understand them, they are the four variables that determine the quality of a sculpted diamond. These 4 Cs stand for:
- Carat: It is the unit of weight, carat. Cts is how you write it and 1ct is equivalent to one fifth of a gram.
- Color: It measures the colour of the diamond.
- Clarity: Measures the level of impurity of the diamond.
- Cut: Measures the symmetry, proportions and the diamond’s polishing.
With these parameters we can make an easy analysis. If your diamond is big, with a rare colour and well sculpted, it will be worth a lot more tan if it didn’t have these requiremetns.
Basic notions to understand a certificate:
Inside a certificate we’ll find the following information:
1) Number of certificate Corresponding to laboratory and date of issue.
2) Form and type of stone carving (round, rectangular, oval, heart...).
3) Measures expressed in this way: smaller diameter x diameter x height increased.
4) Grading 4Cs results. Measurement of the four variables:
- Carat weight
- Color grade
- Clarity grade
- Cut grade
In a certificate, we will find a number of measures that will provide us with adequate information to determine the quality of a diamond's size .
The quality of the carving encompass other measures and angles, three different terms :
- Cut grade
These three terms will come classified as :
VG- Very good